Sunday, October 2, 2011

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

...to quote the title of one of my favorite children's books.


Just about everything that could go wrong yesterday did. I guess that's not really a fair statement and is probably farther from the truth than I think. But it sure did seem like nothing was going right.

First, I awoke to find the Red Sea. Then, my HPT was negative (as I suspected it would be after seeing the Red Sea). We had already decided to have a lazy Saturday, snuggling with Jax and watching TV (trying to catch up on our shows from the week). I threw some laundry into the mix, too. I actually stayed in my pajamas until around 3:45 when I decided to take a shower. I had to run to the Dol.lar Store to get some tampons (even if the test was negative, I wasn't planning on needing any until after the beta). On my way out the door, J reminded me that we were going to make some brownies to take to my grandmother's house tomorrow. (Not just any brownies, mind you...my blue-ribbon-winning-at-the-county-fair chocolate caramel brownies.) So I ran back to the kitchen to jot down the ingredients I needed.

I got to the store and started looking for all of my goodies. Wouldn't you know it...they didn't have enough caramels. Oh, well. We'd just have to make do. Oh, and I got myself a Cherry Co.ke. I think anyone who has to run out and buy tampons 2 days BEFORE her blood pregnancy test deserves a caffeinated beverage of her choice, don't you?

So, I got home, put on a pot of chili, and went to town making brownies. I got those cooling and sat down to eat my bowl of chili. Apparently, I didn't get the lid screwed on my water bottle good and drenched myself with the first drink I took. J was watching the Card.inals play-off game while I was cooking and so I went to join him while I ate. They were ahead when I sat down, but soon after started getting behind. I knew I'd soon be banished to the kitchen, so I left voluntarily with just a few bites left. My brownies would be ready to come out of the oven soon, anyway. As I was waiting, I began to feel a very familiar--uncomfortable--feeling in my tummy. I don't know if it was from the Met.formin or the chili or some combination, but I knew it wasn't going to be good. I just hoped I could hold out for 40 more seconds until the brownies were ready to come out of the oven.

But...

As I was getting the pan out of the oven, something bad happened. Yes, that. I threw the pan on the counter and waddled my way to the bathroom. Where I broke down. I hadn't done too much crying, but this just sent me over the edge. I couldn't take much more bad luck in one day.

I got myself cleaned up, changed my clothes, and was back to do more laundry. The Card.inals lost, too, by the way.

Yep, it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. That's what it was all right. Hope your Saturday was better.

Hugs and love,

4 comments:

browning2222 said...

Found your blog on the fertility community FET forum. I've had the little incident that happened to you happen to me more than I would like to say, Metformin makes it so I do not want to go to a restaurant to eat b/c of this.

Erin said...

So sorry Angie. I was really hoping you would have a better weekend.

~*JaYmE*~ said...

I'm sorry sweetie... sending you lots of love =(

MaryMargaret said...

It sounds absolutely awful. I'm so sorry. The only good thing about a day like this is that it can't last forever. Metformin does terrible things to my tummy, too. Surely tomorrow will be better. It has to be!