Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Plan

Last evening, I got an email from my nurse that included "The Plan."  Yes, it deserved capital letters.  And quotation marks.  So, I don't know all the particulars yet, but here's what I know about FET #3.  For one thing, it's going to be a supplemented cycle.  I think I told you that already (yesterday), but there it is again.  You know, in case you forgot.  Here is the progression of things:

October 28-November 14 -- take BCP daily (and NEVER forget the baby aspirin)
November 3 -- HSG (yuck)
November 10 -- begin Lupron, 10 units daily (injected subcutaneously)
November 17 -- Suppression check (I need to call to schedule this...maybe tomorow)
                       -- If everything is okay, decrease Lupron to 5 units tomorrow
                       -- Begin Estradiol Valerate (will be given dosage instructions--given intramuscularly)
November 18-28 -- Continue lessened dose of Lupron; continue Estradiol Valerate (2-3 times per week)November 28 -- Estradiol level and ultrasound (repeat if necessary, depending upon response)
Transfer will be sometime the week of December 5. 

Oh, and I have to do PIO again.  No more oral progresterone...at least for now.  By the time we throw Lovenox into the mix, I'll be one heck of a pincushion.  I told J I was going to attempt to inject my own Lupron, but I couldn't make any guarantees.  (Remember, I failed miserably when it came to the Ganirelix and Ovidrel.  J had to rescue me.)  Not looking forward to all of the needles, but they can stick me all over if it means I get to be a mom at the end of this. 

I had a message from the pharmacy today.  I called them back as soon as I got home.  Meds have been ordered and should be delivered next Thursday. 

I start BCPs tomorrow.  Here goes nothing...

3 comments:

E and R said...

Sending many prayers your way that this cycle works and you get the most wonderful Christmas present ever in the form of a positive beta!

Nink said...

Wow! Good luck, Angie! Way to just bounce back! Praying you get your best Christmas gift...two lines! :)

Erin Patricia said...

Here's to you and I having summer babies! Praying!!