Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No More Whining

I was so hoping that we'd get to go for our follow-up this week while we were in the city anyway.  No such luck.  As I posted yesterday, they scheduled it for next Friday, 10/14.  Yay.  More time off work.  More sub plans to make.  Detect my excitement?  Don't you dare mistake it for sarcasm. 

This morning, I grew excited when my phone rang and the caller id told me it was the fertility clinic.  For an instant, I was hoping there was an opening after all and I'd be able to just get this over with and be able to move on.  No such luck.  In fact, they needed to move the appointment I already made to the following Monday.  So, now follow-up is Monday, 10/17.  Unfortunately, it's the day before a BIG day at school in which a panel of administrators and central office staff will be observing every single teacher in our school building.  I'm not happy about missing at that time, but I don't want to drag this out any more than is necessary, either.

The silver lining?  My social studies classes have computer lab for half of their scheduled time with me and it is also "Map Monday," so it should be relatively easy to plan for. 

I'm sorry.  You didn't come here to listen to me whine.  I promise, no more whining.  After today.  I'll suck it up and act like a big girl.  No one said life was fair. 

Now, I'm off to this place to drown my sorrows in a Five-Way Grilled Cheese.  And I don't care how many calories it has!

Hugs and love,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl. I still believe that your time is going to come. Keep praying and keep believing!!! And i think you have every right to whine a lil...

A Wife and a Teacher said...

You have every right to whine and be upset!!! We are here to listen. I hate you are having to miss more work, I know it's a pain. Praying for you!!! I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Joys Truly said...

I do not think you are whining..and it is your blog and place to vent. It took us a long time to have our follow-up too. Damn REs. I'm sorry for your BFN. Hope you have a good follow-up.

Misty Dawn said...

I'm so sorry Angie :( I wouldn't care about calories either!!