Sunday, October 9, 2011

Will things ever slow down?

I'm beginning to think no is the answer.  It seems I go from one thing to five others these days.  I just keep thinking, "If I can make it to _______, I'll get to relax for a little while."  But then when said event gets here, there are more future events waiting to take up the slack on the stress front.  I like keeping busy, but something's gotta give. 

Likely, I'm feeling so stressed out because I feel like a brand new teacher in terms of planning and gathering materials for this new Spanish class I have.  Luckily, I'm half-way through planning for it.  After Christmas, I get to start all over with a new group of students.  Maybe then my brain won't be so frazzled all the time.

I need a nap.  *Sigh* Oh, well.  Tomorrow, it's back to school.  It's going to be a busy week (what else is new).  Maybe it will help keep my mind off stuff.  Stuff I don't really want to think about anyway.  I need to snap out of this.  My life is good.  I should just be thankful for what I do have instead of longing for what I don't. 

4 comments:

Erin Patricia said...

It is okay to have a good life and long for something more...I do it daily. My IF blog is private, I read yours regularly. I'd be glad to send you an invite if you are interested. magickingdom7905@msn.com

Nink said...

Even though you have a good life, it's okay to still lay out your desires and dreams. Just because you want something in the future doesn't mean you are not satisfied with the now. I'm always thinking about you and praying for you. You seem so unbelievably strong in your blog posts, so I praise you for that, but just know that it's okay to break down. We are here to help you try and glue back your pieces. Much love.

E and R said...

I think I could have written parts of this post. This school year has been so crazy busy that I just feel like I can't get my feet under me, I am just treading water, waiting for it to get better so I can BREATHE!
Hope things start looking up again soon!

Suzanna said...

It hasn't been that busy for me lately, seems I've been home alone quite a bit procrastinating life. Though when Jared isn't working we're always busy with something to do. So I do still recall what the busy busy all the time craziness is like. lol. I do hope you get a little break in there soon to relax, relaxing is good.

And the not wanting to think about it... And the needing to snap outta it.... Yeah I'm right there with you. There's just one problem, seems I can't completely ignore it. I think somewhere there's a decent balance between ignore this IF stuff, and being obsessed with it. If you ever find that balance, let me know how to get there. lol