Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thank you, Crayola...

...for ruining my Spanish lesson today!  We started colors today, which should have been a "fun" lesson.  I had a neat activity all planned out for my kiddos to do.  First, I gave them a sheet with some boxes on it.  I put up a list of colors on the board for them to use to color the boxes--the order didn't matter, but they were to put the English word for the color above the box.  Then, I had a powerpoint slideshow I made for us to go through so they could write down the Spanish equivalent of those colors.  Well, most of my kids had Cra.yola brand crayons or coloring pencils.  Yeah, those have the Spanish words on them, too.  Sucked the fun right out of that lesson.  The kids even argued with me about a couple of colors they got wrong.  (A few of the colors have more than one translation, apparently.) 

Maybe for next semester, I'll supply the crayons...and they WON'T have any paper on them!

1 comments:

E and R said...

What a bummer! Sounds like it would have been a great lesson - without the paper on the crayons!