Saturday, August 13, 2011

Planning Ahead

Today, I went Christmas shopping.  You laugh, but I prefer to shop early.  In fact, I already had several gifts bought before today.  I come by it honestly.  In fact, my mom bought some birthday gifts for J today...for next April. 

I guess my brain decided to shut down for a bit, though, because I went to the dressing room to try on some tops and the first thing I did was take off my shoes.  Yeah.  I know.  You don't have to take off your shoes to try on a shirt, but at least they were flip-flops so it didn't take any work to put them back on.  My mom ended up geting me two shirts and I got a pair of pants for J to give me (I help him do his shopping).  No offense to my mom, but I'm hoping those shirts will just hang around in the closet until next fall because they don't fit by Christmas (or at least, not for long).  Same goes for the pants.

I ordered Christmas cards last week and they arrived on Wednesday.  When I told J, he looked at me like I was dumb, but I have plans to fix them while I'm on "bedrest" next month.   I wonder if Christmas stamps are available yet?  I'll have to go check before then.

I'm tired.  It's been a long day.  I've got some papers to grade, but they might just have to wait.  We'll see...

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Brave IVF Girl said...

You can buy last year's holiday stamps:

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10007055&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10000003&top_category=10000003&categoryId=10000063&top=&currentPage=0&sort=&viewAll=N&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10007055

:)

I just ordered some stuff to give as Christmas presents too!