Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?
(I couldn't find an author for this quote, so if anyone knows who wrote it, I'll gladly give them credit.)
I have mixed emotions about this day. I've known it was coming, and I've dreaded it since December. Our due date for baby #1. I'm trying to remain positive about today rather than wallowing in self-pity. I know it could be worse. I know I should be thankful for the good things in my life. And I am. So instead of being sad all day long, I'm choosing to force myself to think about and remember the joy of the few precious moments I spent as a mommy-to-be. My Fa.ce.bo.ok status this morning summed it up pretty well:
Sometimes love is for a moment.
Sometimes love is for a lifetime.
Sometimes a moment is a lifetime.
Have a wonderful day, and hug somebody you love.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Those are both beautiful quotes. I am sorry that you are having to mentally muscle through this time. But I hope one day you will hold your children on your lap and tell them about their sibling.
I still have a hard time with previous due dates - it gets easier as the years go by, but it is still a void that I think I will always feel - even when I do get to hold my baby in my arms. Love the quotes - the first one brought a tear to my eyes, very special and oh so appropriate. I have no doubt that He is holding out babies and telling them all about us! I hope your day goes well and I pray that you will be holding your baby in your lap SOON!
(((HUGS)))
Today is a hard day of memory for both of us. Your due date and my miscarriage date. I'm so very sorry for your loss Angie. Praying for you today.
((((Hugs)))))
i didnt see this yesterday but had to de-lurk. Those quotes are incredible and exactly what I needed to read today. i am so sorry for your loss and all that you have gone through.
Many prayers and hugs to you.
Post a Comment