I tried to do some research about how long the average dream is, but all I could find was a bunch of opinions. It's always been my understanding, though, that they last only seconds or a few short minutes at best. This amazes me because normally, when I've had a dream that I remember after waking, I can tell you about it in such great detail that it surely took all night for it to play out. And how is it that I normally have "background information?" Things that did not happen IN the dream, yet I have all of the pertinent information to know what's going on without questions? I guess this is where the logical side of my brain meets up with the creative one.
Last night (or sometime this morning, rather), I dreamt that I was pregnant. Now, this was not just any typical, sunshine-and-rainbows type of life situation, mind you...this was truly the dream of an infertile. Apparently, there had been multiples (that was never mentioned, just something I "understood" in my dream). I'm guessing twins. But we had lost one of them already. I was at an appointment at the RE's (which was kinda crazy since I wouldn't still be going there at this point, but she was definitely the doctor I was seeing) and expecting the worst. I just knew that she was going to tell me that the surviving twin wasn't still surviving. (Though it was, again, just background information rather than something I "experienced" in the dream, I think ther had been some spotting and such.) She inserted the ultrasound probe (kinda sad that I had to dream about that, huh?) and I commenced to cry. I braced myself, waiting for the bad news, and refused to even look at the screen. After a few seconds, the silence was pierced with, "Everything looks great! Keep using the Lov.enox" and resting as much as you can!" I snapped my head around in disbelief. There was the unmistakeable flutter of a heartbeat on the screen I tried so hard to avoid.
I won't bore you with the dialogue that followed, but suffice it to say the dream started on a very somber note and ended in tears of joy. There was even a scene of announcing to perfect strangers (IRL, my RE's office is in another state, after all) at the mall that I was still pregnant. I woke up in reall tears. Maybe this was just to let me know that everything is going to be okay after all. I can survive shots every day, even if I can't work up the nerve to self-inject for a little while. I have to believe it's all going to work or there is no use in trying.
Then, reality set in. Now I'm doing laundry because I bled through my pajamas. AF and aspirin don't play nicely together. *Sigh* At least I didn't have to strip the bed two days in a row.
Hugs and love,
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Thank you for sharing that dream. Even though there was some heartbreak in the dream it was still so full of hope and joy. :)
Post a Comment