...so I didn't. Back in May, I posted about some abnormal findings at our follow-up appointment with the RE following our m/c. She went over some bloodwork results with us that confirmed I had protein C and protein S deficiencies as well as lupus anticoagulant antibodies. All clotting disorders (in case you aren't familiar). While I was told that they are likely hereditary, nobody ever told me to be concerned about this or to take action immediately. All I knew was that the next time we attempted to get pregnant, it would involve Love.nox injections to thin my blood.
BUT
Last Thursday, I went for a check-up with my family doctor. (I have been medicated for high blood pressure since I was 23, so I have to be seen every 4 months.) After examining me and getting all of my vital signs recorded, he asked me how things were going. (He knows about the IVF/FET.) I told him that it had been a stressful few months. He asked what was going on and I told him. He offered his condolonces, and I told him about the follow-up testing and what we found out from it. He pulled the results up and FREAKED out!
Then, I get this whole rambling speech about needing to be on a blood-thinner like cou.madin because the lupus anticoagulant antibodies puts me at risk for developing serious blood clots. He talked himself out of that one because he knows I can't take that while pregnant. So, I "calmed" him down by telling him that they're planning to repeat these tests before our next FET to make sure the results weren't skewed. He relaxed a little, and said to keep him in the loop.
So, great. Just great. My body is totally messed up. And it's looking like I get to add more meds (and needle sticks) to my repertoire...indefinitely. Is it too late to trade my body in for a working model?
Hugs and love,
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
OH, that just sucks! (((HUGS)))
Angie!! I'm so sorry. I figured you would have to be on something at some point in your life but now? Maybe it's where you have high blood pressure that he got concerned? Do you take a baby aspirin everyday?
As awful as this diagnosis is, I would rather get it now than not know because there can be serious consequences later in a pregnancy with clots getting in the umbilical cord. So, in that aspect you are better off knowing and treating now rather than later. (My sil's sister went through this). As far as your own health, as upsetting as it is, you are better off knowing and treating at a younger age.
I am glad he is concerned for you. Maybe you can go to a specialists and get information regarding what you need to do now. A hematologist? Idk.
Big hugs.
Awww don't beat yourself up too much. I had the same lupus anticoagulent diagnosis and who knows what else because my doctor only tests for what i DEMAND he tests for. Plus i have a husband who takes coumadin every day of his life because he has similar hereditary clotting disorders. At one time we were standing in the bathroom giving ourselves matching lovenox injections and couldn't help but to start cracking up!! Just equally dysfunctional.
The lovenox made a world of difference (i'm still taking it every day)and i'm sure it will for you as well.
That would certainly make me worry! I am sure that your RE is on it though and would have let you know if there was something you needed to be doing right away.
Thinking of you!!
At least you know whats going on. Be sure to stay on top of the testing and make sure everyone knows whats going on! HUGS to you!
Post a Comment