Friday, August 26, 2011

Furry Friend Friday!

I SO wish I had realized what this blog link-up stuff was all about sooner.  Sounds right up my alley, and I would have loved to participate.  The first month of school is just so darn busy...I didn't get a chance to read up on it until this morning.  I just may do those posts anyway, even if they are a month late!

Nevertheless, Krissi at Stress Free Infertility has done a Friday Link-up and today's topic is furry friends.  Really?  Somebody WANTS me to write about my sweet Jax?  Well, okay, then!  I seriously don't know how I'd have gotten through our heartbreaks this past year without my dear, sweet little guy.  We brought him home right in the  middle of our fresh IVF cycle back in November.  He was 13 weeks old and looked like this:




He was a cuddler right from the start, which is just what I needed.  He provided a great distraction from what we were going through, and he brought me great comfort when we lost our little peanut.  Even though my heart was breaking, he was always ready to snuggle in my lap and give kisses.

The day we had our FET, he curled up in my lap the minute we got home and stayed there for a good hour, despite being a daddy's boy (and J was even home with me).  It was like he knew something was up with me and he wanted to protect me.  He's been good practice for mommyhood--he wakes us up early (mostly J because, after all, he is daddy's boy), and he brings his toys over to play with us and usually demands the attention of everyone in the room.  He gives great kisses and snuggles, and loves to cuddle up for a good nap, sometimes with his toys...


and sometimes with his mama...


He loves to go for rides in the car.


watch TV...


cheer his team on...


and stretch all out (and he'd rather play with a tennis ball than anything in the world)...


Even my parents (Jax's "grandparents"),who were NOT really pet people, are quite smitten with him.  Yes, he is one spoiled little creature.  And I don't know what I'd do with out him! 



Hugs and love,

5 comments:

Kanis said...

Jax is adorable!

Krissi McVicker said...

Thanks so much for linking up and spreading the word! Jax is so cute!

Jessica Anne said...

What a cute dog!!! I agree that dogs just "know" when we need them. I wouldn't have gotten through my IF without my doggie!

E and R said...

He is super cute! I also don't know how I would have gotten through all of this without my dogs (we have 6) and while they drive me crazy, they also keep me sane and grounded, they always know when I need them and are happy to oblige!

Allison said...

What a cutie pie!!! So sweet!!