DISCLAIMER: I am grateful to have a good job that allows me to pay my bills, buy most of the things I want, and still manage to save just a little bit. Especially the way our economy is going.
HOWEVER...I was quite disgusted today when our check stubs came. Today was the first payday of the new school year. While I knew already that we didn't get a raise this year (again), there is an "experience" raise every year until you reach year 20. I was anxious to see what the difference in pay would be for me this school year. But when I opened the stub and saw the amount, I think I actually said out loud, "Are you kidding me?" After some quick calculations, I have discovered that I clear (not earn, mind you, but clear) 38 cents more per day than I did last year. Yes, folks, you read it correctly. With my "raise," I can afford to adopt a starving child in Africa. (Well, five days out of a week, anyway.) [I'm sorry. I know that's not anything to joke about. But I couldn't help myself.] I wonder if the big boss got another 5% raise like he did last year?
That being said, I do love my job and am very thankful to have it. Just needed to rant for a minute.
Hugs and love,
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
That seems like a joke to me. But, I'm often dumbfounded by how little teachers make. It's not right. Well, try not to spend your .37 at the same place!
How in the world did they come up with that amount? What % of your salary is that? I just got my email today for my annual, I think I fig'd up to 5% increase. But you're right it barely makes up for the lack of raises for the past 4yrs.
Sorry about the lack of a sufficent raise. I did laugh out loud that you can now adopt a starving child in Africa!
Post a Comment