Thursday, November 3, 2011

Emotions, mail, and a new guilty pleasure

I posted here about all the different emotions.  Sure, I meant them in a different context at the time that I wrote that post, but I think I've experienced all of these emotions at some point today.  I began the day quite nervous about the HSG.  After donning a gown with 3 armholes (yeah, they had a picture on the wall to tell you how to put it on), I had only a short wait until they were ready for me.  Thankfully, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember it being the last time.  The radiologist had a little trouble getting a good view of my cervix (it's shy), but what else is new.  He said my tubes are as open as open can be.  Good!

That kind of made me angry that I had to 1) take time off work, 2) go through the stinking test, and 3) pay for it out of pocket.  But I didn't stay angry for long.  It just wasn't worth it.  At least we know, right?

Before I left home, I managed to snap this picture from the driveway.  It was trying to cloud up, but the sun was still shining behind the house.  I thought it made for a pretty awesome picture. 



After my appointment this morning, I had some time to kill before going to work (a half-day wasn't over until 11:00) so I ran to pick up a prescription and get some breakfast before heading back to school.  I decided I needed a treat and stopped for one of these:



I think I'm in love.  This is definitely my current guilty pleasure.  (Move over Halloween candy!)  I'm glad it's a seasonal item because I could be in serious trouble otherwise.  This is kind of a big deal.  I'm NOT a coffee drinker, but I could totally dig this.  Like, every day.  J asked me if I'd been bouncing off the walls since I'm not used to caffeine.  Drat.  I forgot about the caffeine.  I guess I'd better not like it too much, huh?

So, after adding 2 more people to the list of who-has-seen-my-hooha and teaching half a day, I came home to find this in the mailbox:


Yeah, this is a different formula sample than the one we got a couple of weeks ago.  Grr.  Wish I needed them.  Thanks for the reminder, Similac and Enfamil.

Not long after I got home, my big box o' meds arrived.  I was expecting it, but when I opened it to find 3 different meds, 3 different types of syringes and 4 sizes of needles, I was completely overwhelmed and reduced to tears.  I took some pics, but I'm too overwhelmed to blog about that today.  Maybe tomorrow...

3 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Why does Similic do that? I just got a box a samples and it broke my heart.

Glad your HSG was all clear!

Erin Patricia said...

i cried when i started my shots this cycle too. my mom has been giving them to me because i just cant handle it this time. i don't really know why. I havent updated my blog in forever, but i putting of pics of my meds too. should i add pics of my bruised tummy has well? nah nobody wants to see that!

Suzanna said...

Your first picture is lovely. Looks right out of a fairytale. I think God gives us moments like that, and the finding of the wonderful mocha, to help us get through rough days. *hugs*