Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More reminders

It's been a busy week...so much so that I was just able to catch up on watching Pri.vate Pra.ctice this morning.  I should begin by saying that I've been bothered by the sequence of Addison's IVF cycle, but I have tried to let it go because I truly like this show.  It got to me this morning, though.

I was doing just fine until the very end of the 2-hour episode when Addison is in the bathroom peeing on a stick while her guests are gathering at the Thanksgiving table.  That was me a year ago, so to speak.  It was Thanksgiving morning that we first saw 2 lines.  Yep, you guessed it...I went into a sobbing fit, which woke Jax up and he immediately jumped up in my lap and started licking the tears.  (He hates it when I cry.)  I quickly calmed down,  but I was more disappointed in myself than anything else.  Why do I let things get to me like this?  How long will it go on?  I know I will always think about my angels, but will I always be so emotional?

Okay...pity party is over.  Back to the laundry. 

Hugs and love to all,

1 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

Some days you will always remember. It sucks that yours is tied to a day that should be joyful and happy. In my experience, it gets a little better every year... or I just get better at shoving it further into a dark corner and ignoring it. I'm not sure which. We have a right to mourn our lost babies. We just do. Now that you've gotten your crying out, I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!