I went back through my big box of drugs last night...even dug out my practice materials from IVF class last September. (Poor orange...never saw it coming. Now, if I can just get that needle to go into my belly as easily as it slid past that orange peel...) I noticed that there was something different about my new needles. I couldn't quite figure it out, but after sorting through things a bit, I decided they are shorter. So, I pulled out my leftover syringes from PIO last time and sure enough, the new needles are only the 1" kind instead of 1 1/2 inch. Should I bring this up to the doc? I researched it, and from what I've read the one inch variety are only used for super skinny people, kids, and older folks with not-so-much padding in their rears. I do not fit this bill. At all.
I don't begin any IM shots until the 17th, which is when I go for my suppression check, and I DO have a few leftover 1 1/2 inch needles, should they change their minds about what I need to keep me on schedule until I can get new ones shipped if need be.
I shouldn't know about all of this. Ordinary people should NOT know the difference between guage sizes, needle lengths, and types of syringes. Grr.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I'm still doing PIO shots and every time I they gave me 1 1/2", I have lots of padding on the rear also. I would call the RE or pharmacy.
I would ask...just to be safe.
I suspect they'll want you to get the 1.5" inch ones...
If it is going in your rear, it should be 1 1/2 inches, nothing else. You can buy them at walmart or any drug store, they aren't very expensive, but still might be cheaper to order them through your insurance. -- Lynn
Post a Comment