Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree...

Since our second Christmas as a married couple, we've put up 2 trees in our house.  The first year we did this, one was in the living room (there is always one in the living room) and the second, new tree was put in front of our gorgeous bedroom window.  It looked fabulous from the street.  BUT, it was a bit too broad for the spot and a slimmer tree really would have worked better.  Last year, our home addition was complete and so we moved our second tree to the family room. 

This year, I made the decision NOT to put up our original tree again and told J that if he insisted on having 2 trees then we would need a new one.  That led to today's adventure in tree-buying.  We looked at several places and weighed lots of options--pre-lit vs. unlit, clear vs. multi-colored lights, hinged branches vs. um, unhinged branches (?).  We finally settled on a tree...pre-lit...multi-colored lights (this was my compromise--I prefer clear, he prefers colored and since our other tree has clear lights, I let him have this one).  It was a pretty good deal, too, at $88.  So, imagine my surprise when I got home and scanned all of our purchases (we have a National Consumer Panel scanner) and found upon examining the receipts so I could "enter prices" that we actually got the tree for $58!  It must have been on sale or something.  There was no sign in the store, but hey...we won't question it. 
(UPDATE: When we put the tree up, we figured out we grabbed the wrong box--it has clear lights instead of multi-colored.  I offered to take it back, but J said it was okay to leave it.)
Ah, I just love a good deal.

Oh, and more good news...I got a bill from the clinic yesterday.  My insurance paid for my HSG!  They must have coded it differently.  Last time, I had to pay it all out of pocket.  This time, all I had to pay was the $20 co-pay.  Yay!  (For now...I guess they'll figure it out at some point and charge me for it, but for now I'll just be excited about it.)

1 comments:

Suzanna said...

Unexpected awesome deals! Sweet!!!