Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeling Accomlished

It was a short week at school.  In fact, my work week is over.  I wanted to give a test today and be done with our current chapter, but scheduling conflicts prevented that from happening.  So what does any responsible social studies teacher do in a 2-day week when she’s in the middle of a unit on the American Revolution but can’t give a test?  Watch National Treasure, of course!  Even though it’s a work of fiction, the historical value of much of the content is incredible.  Shh.  Don’t tell my kids it was semi-educational or they won’t think I’m cool anymore.

Not only did this keep my kiddos occupied and somewhat focused on what we’ve been talking about in class for the past 2 weeks or so, but it also gave me a chance to get caught up with things (since planning has been all but taken several times lately).  In fact, I’m ahead.  That’s right.  I have my social studies AND Spanish classes planned out for the rest of the semester.  Granted, that’s only 3 weeks, but I’m still proud.  Maybe that means I won’t feel so stressed for the last 3 weeks of the grading period.  I nearly have all of my Spanish materials created, too.  I just need a few slide shows, a review sheet, and a final.  I plan to work on those tomorrow. 

As soon as J gets home, we’re going to eat pizza with my parents.  Real pizza.  From a pizza restaurant.  In case you can’t tell, we don’t do that a lot.  I’m excited.

I went through my Christmas list today.  I’m well on my way to being finished.  Most of the people who aren’t crossed off the list have things-to-be-bought beside their names, so at least I have a plan.  Except my dad.  He’s hard to buy for.  He never has any ideas for anybody.  His birthday is a week after Christmas, and he never needs anything then, either.  Then about mid-January, he can come up with a whole list of things he needs or wants.  Drives my mom crazy. 

Well, I’m off to play with Jax.  Hope you’re having a great day.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Suzanna said...

*!HIGH FIVE!* It's great that you are AHEAD in your social studies AND spanish classes!!! It's gotta feel good not having to worry about getting those done in time. Now if you can just keep up... lol.

And I think it's awesome you've gotten so much done on your Christmas list! This year I think I'm just making sweets to bring... good thing I'm good at making sweets or I might not have any ideas for Christmas gifts. His family is hard for me to shop for.

Hope you've had a great Thanksgiving!