So, I'm a Lu.pron virgin and injection #1 is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Anybody got any last-minute advice? I think I've watched every video posted on the world wide web. Twice. I've read every message board posting I've found, and I'm still scared. Yes, of such a tiny little needle. Well, I'm not so much scared of the needle itself but rather the thought of jabbing it into my own stomach. J has offered to do this for me, but I really want to try to do it myself. I want my baby to know that I loved him/her that much.
They were talking on the news this morning about the CMA awards being tonight. Boy, did that bring back memories. J and I got stuck in an overpriced hotel room on CMA night last year because we went to stay the night before our egg retrieval the next morning. It's hard to believe it's been a year this week...although I got the bill yesterday for storage of our embabies for the next year. Boy, they don't forget to charge you for anything, do they?
Hugs and love,
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
You can do it!!! Easy for me to say since I am a nurse but just count to 3 and stick it straight in (not at an angle)...faster rather than slower because it can really hurt if you do it too slow. Make sure you first scrub with alcohol to clean the area you're going to poke and if in fact you are doing it in your belly take turns (left side, right side, higher, lower). Once you do it the first time...it WILL get easier and you WILL start feeling more comfortable! Praying for you as you start the lupron journey.
Don't worry Lupron is easy! It comes prefilled and the needle is small. I do it in my thigh instead of the stomach. GL!
You can do it! I was worried about it as well, but it really is not bad. Like Lindsey said, go in fast and straight - then out the same way. Good luck!!
I never could give myself the shots but good luck to you! I'm sure you're much braver than I was. Have you taken lupron before? If I remember correctly the needle is the same size as the one for follistim but they come in their own pre-drawn shots. It stung. Not the needle so much but the liquid stung. It's not so bad though... you can do it!!
No advice...but lots of positive thoughts headed your way!! Good luck!
Angie, the Lupron shots are no big deal - really. I used a 1/2 inch needle since my Lupron was in a vial. But I had seen the pre-filled syringe during the injection training and it is tiny. I did all my shots myself and frankly had I known that is so so easy and painless I would have done IVF sooner. I was always terrified of the idea of shots and reading all the horror stories online.
My advise is to ice the area for a couple of minutes, then clean with alcohol and let it air dry for a few sec. I did not jab myself, but slowly inserted the needle and the area was numb due to the ice so I never felt the needle go in. Lupron does sometimes itch a bit after. I had that occur on a few instances but not always. It is no big deal - you will be able to do it. I felt so empowered doing my shots myself, given I was so afraid before. Good luck - you will do fine :-)
I was terrified before my first shots- after a few, you don't even think about it anymore. Lupron doesn't sting at all, it's just getting over actually sticking yourself. I don't jab quickly, either. It's just a smooth stick. Good luck!
You will be fine! My hubby always gives me my shots so he stays involved but the few times I gave them to myself they seemed to hurt less!
Post a Comment