Thursday, November 17, 2011

Suppression check--check!

I am suppressed.  Not to be confused with depressed, oppressed, repressed, or impressed.  The nurse said my lining looked thin and I had a message on my infamous voicemail box this afternoon that said that my estradiol level was 40.  It needs to be 50 or under, so I'm good there.  So, we are on for "the plan."  Tonight, I will be injected with 0.1mL of Estra.diol Val.erate (IM).  Oh, I asked about the needles--she said that I could use the one inch needles if I wanted to do the shots in my thighs (I don't), but she gave me a bunch of 1 and a half inch needles to use in the hip.  I had about 9 or 10 leftover from our fresh cycle last November, so I'm ready to shoot up now.  This is done tonight and Saturday night.  Then, I have to up the dose to 0.2 mL on Tuesday and the following Saturday.  Next appointment is an ultrasound and E2 check on 11/28.  If things are "ready," we'll schedule transfer for sometime the next week. 

I got my first Lu.pron bruise this morning.  I knew it was going to bruise the minute the needle went in because it hurt.  I must have hit something.  It bled for the first time today, too. 

Since the financial consultant and I have been playing phone tag for a couple of weeks, I just asked for her at check-out today so I could pay for the cycle.  Bad news--no discount this time.  I really didn't expect one, but it sure would have been nice. 

Oh, and our heat went out yesterday.  And it's supposed to be the coldest night of the season tonight.  I guess we'll be sleeing upstairs (the heat works on the "new part" of the house).

Hope you're all doing well.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

Funny- the little things that make us happy, isn't it? I almost cried when my nurse called after my suppression check appointment. Silly, but I was so happy that things were working out!