Monday, November 14, 2011

My Claim to Fame

Last night, we did a repeat performance of our dinner theater production as a fundraiser for the academic team my brother coaches.  Not a huge turnout, but we were glad to be able to help him out and do the play again--after all that practice, it's a shame to only do it once.

Well, my character definitely gets the most laughs in this play.  (It's about time--too many comedians hogging the spotlight all the time  ;-)  After the show, a lady was telling my brother what a good job we did and she asked me if I was really Irish.  I laughed it off and said, "No, ma'am.  I'm about as country as they get!"  "Well," she said, "you have a wonderful brogue!"  I was glad she noticed.  I worked really hard on it.  Sometimes it was more British sounding...sometimes slightly Indian...sometimes, well, I don't know what it was.  Some "new" nationality, I suppose. 

So that's my claim to fame.  I'm "Kentucky-Irish."  Go figure.

0 comments: