WARNING: While this post does not go into graphic details, it does mention things that some regular readers of my blog (ahem, like my little bro) may not wish to know. You may wish to stop reading now.
Yesterday, I posted that I had started spotting and cramping on Wednesday. Well, yesterday was pretty much just like a typical CD1, and today is proving to be not much different (although, I suppose it is not possible to have two CD1 in a row, huh?). The point is, there is still bleeding...lots of it. Wish I knew what it was. I'm guessing this is the "End" of things rather than the actual beginning of a new cycle. Based on all of the facts that I have, that's what I'm going with for the time being, anyway.
Just judging by the amount of time that has passed since my d & c, sure it could be dear old AF. But I know too much. I have too much information to believe that's what this is. Sure, if my hcg level had dropped two weeks ago, I'd believe it still. However, since it didn't (and was still slightly above 5 on Monday), I highly doubt this is actually AF. It must be her evil twin.
Last night on our walk, J and I resigned ourselves to the fact that we're likely looking at a fall treatment cycle. Sure, we were initially hoping for a summer transfer as there is less stress, fewer scheduled responsiblities for me, and an overall greater chance of secrecy. But it looks like things are not going to cooperate and fall into place for that to happen. So, we're thinking maybe September. The school year won't be brand new by then, so it won't be a big deal to miss a few days (last FET, I missed a total of 5).
I was hoping I'd be able to just miss some half-days, but my planning time will not allow for it. I hope our principal (who was new last year) doesn't just think I'm a slacker. We get 10 sick days and 3 personal days each year. If we do not use them, they roll over (and the personal days become sick days, so we never have more than 3 to use at a time). Last year was my ninth full year of teaching (I started in the middle of a year). At the beginning of last school year, I had 99 sick days and 3 personal days. I think that means I'd used about 20 days or so in my entire career...until I started my IVF cycle.
I'm a little worried, though. Last year, my students missed me when I was gone (well, some of them did), but they eventually stopped asking questions about why I wasn't there. I was able to give them pretty vague answers (I had to go to the doctor...I had to have a little procedure done, but I'm okay...etc.), and I had no previous personal relationships with any of them so even their parents didn't pry (at least not with me...they may have asked in the office or something). This coming year, I know a few of the students. I go to church with some of them, and I'm afraid they'll mention when I'm missing school.
*Sigh.* I guess there's no point in worrying about the things I can't control. I'll just have to take it all in stride and go with the flow. Speaking of flow, I'd better go check on things. I've got too much to do today to worry about cleaning up extra messes.
Hugs and love,
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Unplanned delays are frustrating but I know you'll make it all work out.
With my first missed miscarriage and resultant D&C, I ended up having a batch of bleeding about 3 weeks after that was my body getting rid of the last little bits. Then about 2-3 weeks after that I had my period.
Sorry you're going through this. *hugs*
I'm sorry your treatment cycle will be delayed. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to go through all of this. My thoughts are with you! Have a wonderful weekend!
Don't worry about it yet. I do the same thing when I miss work for treatments. Most of the time no one even notices that I am gone. It's a little different for you because your students will notice...I blame it on a parent having a simple procedure and I need to drive them or play sick.
Post a Comment