Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rainy Saturday and stupid dreams

It's a rainy, rainy day.  Cloudy and gloomy...the perfect kind of day to snuggle up on the couch with a book and a blanket and hope you don't fall asleep.  Is that what I'm doing?  No.  Not yet, anyway.  So far, I've managed to sleep in (for the first time all summer), go to the grocery, and put the groceries away.  And now I'm blogging.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the clock read 9:28 when I rolled out of bed this morning.  While it may appear that I was being ultra lazy, that wasn't entirely the case.  It was kind of a rough night.  I tend to have rather detailed, incredibly dumb dreams, and last night was no exception.  Seriously, when I was little and would tell my parents about my dreams, they'd swear I was making them up.  They'd always tell me that dreams were quite short and no one could possibly remember all of the details  was telling them from a 2 minute dream.  I usually responded by telling them that if I were going to go to the trouble of making up a story, I'd at least not make it so dumb.  I can remember 2 distinctly dumb dreams from last night, but only the details of one at the moment.  All I know is, I woke up with my heart racing twice during the night, and it took a good half hour to calm down and go back to sleep each time.  So my snooze-fest was justified.

Then, I don't know if I had some kind of dream that I don't recall, but I woke up mad.  I've been in a bad mood ever since.  I'm trying not to transfer it to those around me, but everything seems to annoy me.  I've got to snap out of this.  There is no reason for it.

Hope you're having a sun-shiny day!

Hugs and love,

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Dreams can leave a powerful impression on your day. I have a vague dream memory that my husband doing something silly and every time I looked at him that day I got so mad. Poor guys wasn't sure what to do - he kept apologising for his dream self not being a better husband! ha ha

Chrissie said...

Clearly I am tired. so sorry for all the typos in the above comment!