Friday, June 24, 2011

I feel pretty...well, sort of

On the insistance of my darling husband, I got my first mani/pedi yesterday.  I've had them before (separately, never at the same time), but it's been about 7 years since my first [and only other] pedicure and *cough* 13 years since my last manicure [I've had two of those...both before the prom].  It's not that I don't enjoy them, because I do.  You see, I'm just cheap.  I usually don't polish my fingernails, and I just polish my toenails myself. 

I've never really been what you might call a girly-girl, but I'm not really a tomboy, either.  I don't know what I am.  Is there anything in between?  But it was kind of refreshing having my nails done by someone else.  I am now sporting a French manicure and pedicure. I wasn't sure I would really like it on my toes, but I love it! 

I hope you can do something that makes you feel special.  You most certainly are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I adore getting pedicures with my husband every two weeks. It makes us both feel better and it's nice to have a tradition.

You are special!! Thank you for writing about your life!

Kristy said...

I was totally thinking about going and having acrylics put on.....I have such "man-hands" from my job and I think treating myself will feel great!!! Glad you love it!!