There have been tragic happenings going on in the blogosphere, and I feel a tad bit guilty complaining about my own battles, but I have no place else to vent besides my blog. Jennifer and Lis, my heart continues to mourn for you. While I can't pretend to know what you are going through, I can pray that God's comforting spirit will guide you through this. And Kitty, I will greatly miss you, but I completely understand and support your decision. If you happen to be reading this, I just want to thank you for the support you have given me since we "met" on Web.MD's message board. Can't wait to read about the next journey you decide to follow.
If you read this post from Tuesday, you may recall that the latest beta results were 5.6. Almost negative. I have walked around the house with both phones (the house phone and my cell phone) just in case the RE's office called to let me know that I did/did not need to repeat the test or if there were any other tests I needed to repeat. (Cause, ya know, I don't wanna take any more shots than I have to.) But no deal. They didn't call Wednesday, I was out of the house most of Thursday but had my cell phone with me--they didn't call, and I didn't have a missed call or message when I got home, either. I really thought they'd have called already, anyway, and so I settled into thinking that all was well. Yesterday, I had them with me all stinking day...right up until around 3:30. I sat down a the kitchen table to balance the checkbook and didn't take my cell phone with me. I didn't realize it, though, until I heard it ringing. I raced to get it as soon as I heard it, but by the time it's audible from 3 rooms away, it's apparently almost ready to go to voicemail.
I picked it up and touched the screen just as it was switching over, I guess, because there was no connection made. Fiddlesticks. So I had to wait for them to leave the message before I could listen. They are glad the levels are going down...but they still aren't negative. So I have to repeat the test. Again. In a week (or two, whichever is convenient for me). GRRrrrrr! I'm so frustrated. I'm tired of being poked and prodded and I swear, if that one lady calls me back to take my blood I'm going to pretend it's not my name until somebody else calls it. (She's had to dig the last two times, and she sticks me so slowly that it just hurts about 10 times worse than if she'd just jab it in.) I actually cried a little when I got off the phone. Between blood draws, this new round of bleeding I'm muddling through, and trying to prepare my house for the homemakers' meeting next week, I'm losing my mind!
Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent (on my own blog). It's early, but we've got to head out. My grandmother fell yesterday and broke her hip. She's going into surgery soon and I've got to get to the hospital. Hope you have an awesome Saturday!
Hugs and love,
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Whaa??? You poor thing! I don't get it. Mine was 3 something and they let me go.
What a mess! Good luck on your grandmom's surgery, hang in there!
Post a Comment