Well, as per my RE's request, I repeated my beta yesterday for *hopefully* the last time (this round). Two weeks ago, it was 5.6, and I thought I was surely finished with this. After all, we were already a month (exactly) post-d&c. But, no, they weren't satisfied with it. While it was dropping (albeit, not very rapidly), it was not yet negative. Almost, but no cigar. When they called me back to let me know the results, they asked me to repeat the test in a week or two. I decided to wait to two weeks in an attempt to let the level bottom out. Yes, I was hoping for a zero.
So, I reluctantly went in yesterday shortly after lunch to have my blood drawn. I wished and hoped I wouldn't get "stuck" with Suzy-slowpoke (pun intended), and I breathed a sigh of relief when she was not the phlebotomist who called me back. However, they tricked me by handing me over to another one when we got to the row of lab seats. So, instead of Suzy-slowpoke, I instead got three-stick-Theresa. It wasn't so bad, though. Either she's gotten better or I'm getting tougher. Or maybe I just got lucky today.
The results? 2.2. Yes, friend, I do believe we are negative (please God). But still not at zero. I'm expecting the RE to call within the next couple of days to give me these results for themselves, and I'm looking forward to the call as I have a few questions for them. I received the information in the mail yesterday for our next FET. I have two pre-requisites to fulfill befor then--a TSH test, which I know can get taken care of here at my doctor's office and a hydrosonogram. That's the one I have questions about.
For now, I guess I'm still waiting for the level to drop completely. From what I've read, I won't ovulate until it does. So, I guess AF and I are at a standoff. I surrender. Go ahead and wreak your havoc. I'm not fond of "normal" but I'm certainly ready to move on.
Hugs and love,
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Oh how frustrating. It took my hcg awhile to drop after my m/c also (at a month out mine was still 35!), so I understand how irritating it is to not be able to just get on with everything already. Hope the remaining testing goes smoothly!
I was always so frustrated when it took my HCG so long to drop. I think most docs consider either less than 5 or 4 negative, so I'm hoping that they do too.
I hope you get that call soon so this limbo can be over.
I do believe thats considered negative!!! Praying that so very soon you can get back on the band wagon...it may be a different type of anxiety but at the same time it renews your spirit. Always praying...
I am glad it is almost over. What a long, crazy experience this has been. I hope your testing goes smoothly!
Oh my goodness. That is some frustrating stuff, fo' sho'.
I hope the RE is happy with that and you can press forward.
((((Hugs))))
So happy to hear your beta is FINALLY below 5!! Here's hoping your RE is good with a 2 and doesn't make you test again!
xo
Post a Comment