10 Secrets
Do I even have 10 secrets? I’m pretty open here, but I’ll try to come up with 10 things you don’t already know about me.1. Although I had many careers in mind growing up, today I believe that if I wasn’t a teacher I’d love to be a script supervisor for a television show or even movies. (This is perhaps a blog post in itself. Coming soon…)
2. While I outwardly appear somewhat reserved and quite conservative, I’m actually quite adventurous. I love roller coasters and would love to go zip-lining, sky diving, and white water rafting.
3. I’d love to have the time to be a scaled-down version of an extreme couponer. I don’t believe I’d ever need to have 47 bottles of mustard in my cupboard, but I am a huge fan of saving money (especially since we’re about to throw down another $3000 for a second FET) and get very excited about getting good deals. I’m a bargain hunter, alright.
4. I hate cutting up watermelon. It’s not the actual work, but I have watched my mother do it my whole life, and I just can’t do it “right.” It looks so simple when she does it. I don’t know what I do to it, but it never quite turns out the same. Sure, I still do it because my family loves watermelon. I think if I was better at it, I’d not mind it quite as much.
5. If I had my own show on the Food Net.work (yeah, like that’s going to happen), it would be exclusively for desserts. I love, Love, LOVE making dessert—even if it uses ingredients I’ve never used before, and even if I don’t particularly like something. I think it’s because people enjoy eating dessert, possibly more than any other course.
6. As much as I love pajamas, I can’t sit around in them all day unless I’m sick and “bedridden.” If I’m going to get anything accomplished, I have to put on clothes. I typically even put on clothes to clean house.
7. I have some OCD tendencies. While I sometimes have a hard time staying motivated to do something, once I’ve started I must finish it. I have a hard time stopping in the middle of writing a piece, for instance.
8. I have a slight addiction to email—when I’m able to (i.e., during breaks from school and especially the summer), I check it quite often. I quickly weed out the “junk” and read all REAL messages (including blog comments) carefully, usually multiple times.
9. I tend to watch my feet while I’m walking. I’m typically quite shy around new people (but once I’ve warmed up to you, watch out!), and I don’t know if this comes from that or just not wanting to trip over something, but that’s just how I roll. My dad used to tell me that the floor wasn’t going to disappear out from under me, but I just never did break this habit.
10. Most people find me amusing. That sounds really conceited, but I’ve found it to be true. I tend to be quick-witted and often sarcastic, but I can usually find the humor in just about anything (that has the slightest shred of humor in it, that is). While I’m certainly not the life of the party and I’m a far cry from the class clown, I’m the one at the table full of people stifling their giggles at a conference because I popped off a zany one-liner. I can’t help it. It’s a family trait.










1 comments:
I'm with you on #3. It doesn't have to be extreme! If I can just find a mustard on sale or BOGO and use a coupon...that's a score in my book! If you get ALL YOU magazine in your area, you can get your money back for the magazine and then some with the coupons and good advice! Fun post!
Post a Comment