Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday's Wishes...

Today, I wish that...everyone else's DH was as wonderful as mine. He did everything he could to make my birthday special. He gave me a beautiful ring (along with some clothes that fit) to commemorate the big 3-0.



Next, he brought dinner home so I didn't have to cook, and he also brought some lovely flowers. (I will update with this picture later...it's on his camera, and I don't know where the cable is.)


After our evening walk, he did his workout, showered, and then ordered me to stay in the living room because he had one more "birthday surprise." He made me strawberry shortcake!  (Picture to come later...see above.)



And, possibly most importantly, he held me while I cried when *spot* showed up right before bedtime. I guess it's on to cycle 30.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I guess 30 isn't so bad...so far. (Wow, a whole 24 hours!) As for yesterday's "lie," it was statement number 1. Sorry, but Bush, Sr. did not call me on my birthday. I did, however, get my mom's old car AND fall off the shuttle bus on my college campus. (Still flares up every now and then...my old bus injury.)

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Hugs and baby dust,

5 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday!! spot showed on your bday? how awful. Sorry.


Your DH does sound wonderful!

elephantscanremember said...

I am glad you had a great birthday! It sounds lovely!

(Hugs) I am sorry about spot. I think I will get her as my birthday present this weekend too. :( Great timing!

Kitty said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. AF is such a hag. She showed up at my house this morning.

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday, and that your hubby is such a wonderful guy :)

Steph said...

Awww, what a sweetie! Pretty ring! So, really, 30 isn't so bad? Cause it'll be decending on me in Nov!

And what a HAG af is to show up at such a time!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful ring! And flowers and he made dessert? He's amazing. I've got myself an amazing husband too. Such a blessing they are! Glad your hubby treated you to a great birthday!