Monday, April 26, 2010

Merry Monday!

Okay, so maybe those of you who read my blog regularly have noticed that sometimes I have this thing with alliteration.  I'm sorry.  In my defense, I did grow up in an English teacher's house.  Ironically, an English teacher who did NOT like to read, nor was she an avid writer.  I, on the other hand, did both of those things.  For fun.  Regularly.  And yes, I am aware that these are not complete sentences.  Nor should you begin a sentence with a conjunction.  And you should never use a preposition to end a sentence with.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I have heard all the rules, and most of the time, I observe them.  Well, at least the ones that appeal to me.  *grin* 

In high school, my senior English teacher made me incredibly angry when I questioned the use of conjunctions to begin sentences in pieces we were reading.  She informed me that it was "okay" for those authors to disregard those "rules" because they "knew what they were doing."  I informed her that I knew what I was doing.   Ah, well.  I suppose that when I write my own book, I can use whatever rules I want, right? 

So, not only do I have this strange obsession with alphabetizing things, using literary devices in ordinary conversation/writings (such as alliteration, etc.), and observing obscure details (especially in television shows and movies--I'd love to be the one to preview scenes for continuity), but I also count things.  Most things.  The number of steps between points A and B, the number of stairs I'm climbing, the number of cars in a passing train; you name it, I count it. 

Strange?  Maybe.  But that's who I am.  So I'll leave you today with a few numbers to crunch.

* Number of cycles spent TTC: 30

* Number of BFPs: 0
* Number of cars on the train yesterday: 98
* Number of days left in the school year: 24 (school days counted only)
* Number of days left until we cruise to the Bahamas: 40  (I can't wait!!!)


Hugs and baby dust,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed the count down to summer vacation! I hope you enjoy your cruise to the Bahamas!

ICLW #119
http://lovelyladybump.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

We all have our quirks...and I too liked to challenge my English teachers--who made them right?

Thanks for the visit my way and happy ICLW!

Jana said...

thanks for stopping by my blog.
enjoy your bahamas trip.

iclw #125
findjoynow.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I always count the cars on the train... Always. Even if we're driving and I can't count them all I count what I see. Too funny!