Even as a child, I was kind of on the plump side. When I was younger, I used to wish witha ll my might that I'd magically wake up skinny. Now that I'm all grown up, I still wish it...but I know it's not going to happen!
As for yesterday's two truths and a lie...numbers 1 and 2 were truths. Number 3 was the lie. (That baseball card collection is still in my parents attic, I think.) While I was the hind-catcher, I was NOT very good at all. The only reason I held that position was because I was so short, all the other positions had been given away by the time the coach realized I was in the huddle. His favorite story to tell about me came from one of our first games. Someone made a strike, but my uncoordinated 5-year-old self didn't catch it, either. As I bent over to pick up the ball, my front foot kicked it out of my reach. Apparently, this process continued and I chased the softball all the way to first base before being able to pick it up. I vaguely remember the incident, and I think it has been embellished on just a bit over the last 25 years, but nevertheless--definitely not all-star material, here!
Hugs and baby dust all around!
Always,









3 comments:
Ha ha. That's a cute story! If I were you, I'd try to sell some of those baseball cards. They may be worth something!
Adorable! My cutest softball story was when a lefty on a team we were playing hit the ball she ran to 3rd base... I guess she figured everyone else ran the direction they were facing so why shouldn't she!
ur so cute!
i can imagine that scene :o) and i know why they still talk about it!!
Post a Comment