Here are today's facts. I'm wracking my brain here, trying to come up with tidbits of information that won't make me sounds too strange. Here's what I came up with for today:
1. When I was little, I went around telling everybody I was Barb.ara Man.drell. I have no idea why I chose that singer to "be," but that's who I told everyone I was.
2. The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was E.T. I had this little stuffed E.T. figure that I took with me. My mom says that at the end of the movie, when E.T. went home, all the little kids in the theater cheered...except me. I was bawling. When my mom asked me what was wrong, I sobbed, "He's never going to see that little boy again!" (Always been an emotional wreck, I guess!)
3. I played the flute in the school band for a few years, and with that instrument breath control is very important. To this, I attribute my ability to hold my Shhh.... for a very long time. It amazes my students (and often helps in getting their attention).
So, maybe you won't think I'm too boring or too weird. Happy weekend!
Hugs and baby dust,









3 comments:
I saw E.T. in a drive in theatre, lol. I remember when I had my first surgery my parents bought me this huge ET doll that was bigger than me.
I also played the flute in school. I played for 6 years.
I had a Barbara Mandrell Barbie. She winked her blue eyeshadowed eyes when you pushed the button in the middle of her back. ;)
I played Tuba and was AMAZED when I found out that the tuba and flute require almost identical amounts of air... crazy! The tuba I get but was shocked when they said that about the itty bitty flute. We also had a flute (or piccalo)/tuba duet on the stand tune Go Down Gamblin' and it was AMAZING!
Post a Comment