Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

In yesterday's post, I mentioned a childhood wish to be a horse jockey despite certain--ahem--stumbling blocks. I might also mention that throughout the course of my growing up years, I also wanted to be an astronaut, a photographer, a teacher (in between each "career change"), an actress (Broadway, not film), and I'm sure about a dozen other things. (Lest we forget my multi-year stint as "Barb.ara Mand.rell!") However, no matter what my current career plans were, they always included being a mom. That was just a given. Even when I was planning my Tony award-winning stage career, I had a plan in place to have my children taken care of while I was performing.

Isn't that something? Now here I am, teaching other people's children with as much care and compassion as I possibly can, and all the while wanting nothing more than to cuddle with my own. I feel terrible every time I lose my patience with them, raise my voice, or find myself silently thinking, "If that were my child..."   But, I digress.

Here's my quote for the day.  It seems to fit my mood this week.  I hope your Thursday is fabulous!

"It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top."
--Henry Ward Beecher

Hugs and baby dust,

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Funny thing, I would rather climb a hill than go down. I think going up is easier. Going down I always wonder if it will hurt if I just curl up into a ball and roll down to save my knees the misery of holding my body back with each step. Maybe I'm just weird. lol

Wishing 4 One said...

Love the quote. And sending you hugs and tons of baby dust too from Cairo. Happy iclw.

Stickles McQueen said...

Hi Angie! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I wanted to be a Broadway actress too - had the singing and acting down pat, but I can't dance worth a darn.

Sorry this month has been rough on you. I hope it gets better for you. Hang in there!

Keiko Zoll said...

All this work, all of this is just setting the stage for you to be an awesome mom someday :) What a great post- Happy ICLW!
~Miriam (ICLW #49)
Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed

Anonymous said...

Angie, Thanks for stopping by my blog for ICLW! I love the quote and I have to agree that the view from the top will be worth it, after all we push through. (What that view ends up looking like... who can know?)