Saturday, July 9, 2011

Meltdown

I thought I was in a fairly good place, emotionally. But I had a pretty good meltdown today. I found myself tearing up over goodness knows what on the way to town this morning, but an incident at the grocery store sent me right over the edge. The instant our cashier handed me the receipt, I remembered I had a few coupons pulled that I had intended to use. They were still in my coupon sorter inside my purse. I went all ballistic on J and he asked why I was fussing at him. I snapped that I wasn't fussing at him, I was only fussing to him. Then I stormed off to the car, mad, and having no one to blame but myself.

I cried most of the way home. I'm not really sure why. Surely not over the $6 I could have saved at the store. My guess is the culprit is most likely that we're approaching our first due date. Wreaks havoc on the psyche.

I'm not looking for sympathy, I just needed to vent. Thanks to those of you who weighed in on yesterday's post. I'll post my response as soon as I've polished and sent it.

Hugs & love,

6 comments:

justduckiekaa said...

It's okay to still be emotional about it. I don't think J or anyone else who knows about the situation is expecting you to be a rock. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. It's normal and part of the grieving process.

E and R said...

I still get emotional around our first due date - and the date of the m/c. I think it is just a normal response to a horrible situation. You have been through a lot, so it is totally understandable. Hang in there!

~*JaYmE*~ said...

I'm sorry Angie. There's days like this and it sucks. (((HUGS)))

Kristen said...

Sending hugs to you. Having that due date coming up has got to be hard...

clewis said...

Take care. Some days just aren't fun.

Erin said...

Big hugs Angie.