So I'm
almost ready for school. By ready, I mean I am nearly prepared in terms of organization, planning, and copies.
Almost. This, of course, in no way means I am actually READY to leave my quiet days of lounging around with Jax, taking strolls to the mailbox, taking more than 20 minutes to eat my lunch, and reading whenever I want (and even sometimes sneaking a nap in there), but I'm almost prepared for it.
I've been working hard, with the help of my mom, on a new bulletin board. All that's left decorations wise is hanging curtains (they're on rods already, I just have to
steal borrow the ladder) and find something to hang my new welcome sign on out in the hall. I plan to finish arranging the furniture in my room tomorrow (it's tough to get 28 student desks in and still have room to walk around) and tackle lesson plans for the first week. It's definitely going to be a different kind of year.
I really wish I'd have signed up to teach a drama class during our exploratory period. The only reason I didn't was because I wasn't
planning on being there the entire year (if you know what I mean), and it would have been a difficult class for a substitute to take over, especially if they had no interest in it whatsoever. Maybe next year...
Oh, well. I'm off to finish printing some forms for my kiddos. I'll be meeting some of them on Thursday night. Happy Tuesday, all!
Hugs and love,
2 comments:
You sound so excited about the beginning of the year! When is your first day?
You sound ready!! Have a great first day of school!!!
Post a Comment