Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back in Business?

Supposedly, our Internet issues have been resolved.  I wouldn't know...I'm not at home today.  Jax and I took a field trip to my mom and dad's house to stay with my grandma for the day so my mom could go to a meeting.  It's okay--Jax loves his Nana!  He isn't so crazy about the wheels on her chair right now, but he's warmed up to her again.  I guess I'll have to test out the modem when I get home.  It seems they updated the password to fit their new criteria (capital letter, number, yada yada yada) without telling us.  Thanks. 

So I've been school shopping.  I took pictures of my bargains so I can document how little I spent (although, that adds up, too, when you stop at several stores), but my camera is at home.  Maybe tomorrow...  Got lots of pencils and crayons (I give all of my kiddos new crayons for Christmas, so I buy them now while they're a quarter), but didn't find any new clothes.  I just couldn't justify spending $$ on clothes when my dollars have a more important purpose in a month or so.  I probably won't be doing the mani/pedi, either.  Not now.  I can paint my own nails.  Maybe in the spring when I can no longer (hopefully) see my feet.  (How's that for optimism?)

Jax has a play date on Saturday.  Yes, you read that correctly.  J works with a lady who has a mini schnauzer, too, and she's been dying for Jax to come over and play.  We have told her that he isn't very social and he tends to bark at strangers, but she really wants to try it to see if she can help us break him of this bad, bad habit.  We shall see.

I'm working on an idea for a new bulletin board in my classroom.  You'll probably get pics of that, too, when it's up.  I really, really want to work on my boards.  I only have one true bulletin board in my classroom, and it is behind my desk.  I hate that it's there.  But I have to put my desk there because of the way the outlets and networking hookups are located in the room.  (Have I mentioned that I HATE the layout of my room?)  Right now, I have a make-shift bulletin board on one of my unused whiteboards (it's not a true whiteboard...it's something way cheaper, I'm sure).  I used to hot glue my stuff onto it, but last summer my mom and I used a staple gun to attach the big stuff (fabric background and border) and poster tape for the smaller stuff.  I'm thinking of buying some sheets of styrofoam to cover it and the board beside it to make a more easily changeable bulletin board.  Again, we'll see.

Hope you're having a good day.  It's almost Friday!  Stay cool!

Hugs and love,

0 comments: