Monday, July 4, 2011
10 Day YOU Challenge -- 2 Songs
I struggle with this one. (I know, I could have said that every day...) Music has been such a huge part of my life for so long, it's hard to just pick two songs. I don't know if I really have a favorite song here. Just like my movie collection, my taste in music is quite eclectic. You're liable to hear anything from showtunes to Sinatra to Coldplay coming from my I.pod. After careful consideration, though, I've chosen two songs that are quite different yet pack a lot of meaning for me.
DISCLAIMER: I had some trouble in testing out these links. If they do not work, please know that I am trying to take care of the problem and I hope you'll come back to check them out!
Song #1 (You're the Inspiration by Chicago)
This is our song. (All together now...aww.) I remember one date in particular when we'd been dating for a while, this song came on the radio. J turned the volume up and recalled that this was the first album he remembered buying when he was a kid. After that, every time I heard it, I thought of him. It also seemed like we'd hear it quite often when we were together. Later, we asked my cousin to sing it during the lighting of the unity candle at our wedding ceremony.
Song #2 (Blessings by Laura Story)
After spending more hours than I should have trying to figure out how to upload a file I recorded to share here, I decided to just scrap it and go with something I've just heard. This past Saturday, we were riding with some friends out to eat and this song came on the radio. The others kept on talking, but I was stricken by the words. I've always been touched by poignant lyrics and the power of a song amazes me sometimes. As I listened to the chorus, I couldn't help but think about this song as it relates to our infertility. Please don't be fooled into thinking I keep this attitude 100% of the time--although that would be wonderful, I spend my share of time in the valley, too. It would sure be good if I could, though. Hope you enjoy the song!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment