Saturday, July 16, 2011

Goodbye, Friend

I was forced to say goodbye to a friend and neighbor today.  Our backdoor neighbors are moving this evening.  (Literally...the back of their house "faces" the back of our house.)  I hate to see them go, but I understand why they need to.  She was a great help when we did our fresh IVF cycle in November.  A
nurse, she helped us with the PIO shots.  Having battled IF herself, she understood.  She got it.  We could talk openly, and, even though her route to motherhood was a bit different than mine has been, we both have battle stories to share. 

Today was moving day.  They began loading up their stuff early this morning, and will be on their way to OH (not their final destination, but that's where their parents live) by tonight.  I may never see them again.  But I appreciate everything they ever did for me.  We grilled some hamburgers and fed them and their helpers lunch today.  A small gesture, but I hope they know how much we've appreciated having them as neighbors.

I wish them well.  Maybe I'll have good news to share the next time I talk to them. 

0 comments: