Today was my hydrosonogram. Let's be honest...I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. There were far fewer search results on Dr. Go.ogle about this test than the H.S.G., so I wasn't scared out of my mind, but any time my hoo-ha is about to be united with a foreign object I get a little uneasy in anticipation. Turns out, I had every right to be anxious. While it was very short lived, I did experience about the most intense cramping I've ever had. Thankfully, it subsided shortly after taking out the u/s probe and the catheter.
The good news is that Dr. G seems to think everything looks great in my uterus. He's going to send the results to my RE's office. I also had my blood drawn this morning for a T.S.H. test this morning. He said that looked normal, too. He also managed to squeeze me in for my annual exam (which I had an appointment for next week), so I don't have to go back and cough up another co-pay! Yay! So, as soon as they fax these results to Nash.ville, I'll have met all of my prerequisites for our next round of treatment. Just in time for school to start back, delaying us a month or so. Oh, well. Such is life.
Now for the gripe...I hate when things I love get changed. When I like something, I usually prefer it the way it is. I'm not against change when change is needed. But don't mess with what's already good! I make no qualms about my gripe with candy manufacturers who changed green things from lime to green apple (I haven't eaten Star.burst jellybeans--once my favorite--since). Today, after my doctor's appointment, I had to make a trip to Sam's Club to get supplies for our Homemakers' picnic on Sunday. I had already decided to treat myself to a pretzel and Cherry Coke on the way out. (I've been craving a cherry coke for several weeks now, but I wasn't willing to spend the calories on one.) I was surprised to find that the snack bar now includes the calorie count on the menu. I appreciated it. I ordered my plain pretzel (figuring I was saving at least a few of those posted calories by opting out of the butter topping) and a soft drink, paid, and went to fill my drink while I waited the 3-4 minutes for my pretzel. Then I picked up my pretzel and was on my way. Immediately, I could tell that this was NOT the same kind of pretzel as the previous ones I had bought there.
I wouldn't say it was bad, but definitely different. The girl behind the counter even commented on it being different (they must be new). This change, I might add, was not for the better. I miss the old one. I guess that'll keep those cravings at bay, though.
Hugs and love,
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Glad to hear seemed normal. It's nice to get some answers.
I HATE when they change things up. I used to love Panera's chicken noodle soup until they changed it. Now it is awful. I don't know wny people feel a need to change things. GRR. Now I want a fountain cherry coke ;)AND a pretzel.
Yippee for a good Drs appointment.
I really don't like it when restaurants change things. It used to be that I loved a local places potato cheese soup...then one day I went in and BAMM...it had changed. Ughhh.
I thought the hydrosonogram was just as painful as the HSG - I think because oftentimes the pain is from cervical irritation.
I hate when things change too :)
Post a Comment