Monday, July 25, 2011

Jax's Day Out

On Saturday, Jax went on a looong car ride (about a half hour) to have his first "play date."  He rode in my lap most of the way (I think he stayed in the backseat until we got out of the driveway, then he climbed on up), and he got really shaky and nervous when J had to stop by work first to pick up a package.  J thinks that Jax thought he was going to the groomer's because that's the only time he's ever ridden this far.  Anyway, I was convinced we'd be driving him right back home because he'd be aggressive and barky and unsociable all the way around.  Boy, did he fool me!  Here are some cute pics that we took and some from Charlie's human (Charlie is Jax's new friend). 

First meeting: "Hi, I'm Jax.  That's my dad over there.  Don't touch him.  GRrrr!"

Jax getting some loving from Terrill, Charlie's human.

After a couple of laps around the yard, it was time for a rest.

We're hot and we'd like a nice, cold drink, please! 

Jax is never to busy to cheese it up for the camera!  What a little ham!

Sure, I'll sit here and let you take my picture again.  I must be some kind of star!

Why yes, yes I can stick out my tongue and touch my nose.  Can't everybody?

I had a good time, mommy and daddy!  Can I come play again?

Then, since Jax had done such a great job, we picked him up and went to visit another co-worker of J's who happens to have one of Jax's older brothers.  (Same parents, different litter.)  While that trip was not quite as successful (perhaps due in part to all the extra "new things" Jax had already experienced), I did manage to snap this picture of them in the yard.  It's precious.  It reminds me of that first twin meeting on The Parent Trap. 

Jax, meet Max.  Yes, it is like looking in a mirror.

So, I am happy to report that Jax's day out was an overall success.  Now, if we could just get him to like my grandfather...

Hugs and love,


2 comments:

E and R said...

Cute! Looks like he had a great time =)

justduckiekaa said...

Looks like he had a ton of fun!