Good morning, all. I've got lots on my mind this morning, but I'll try not to rant too long. I just have a couple of things I need to vent about. Sorry, but it's my blog and I'll rant if I want to. You don't have to read it. Feel free to leave now. (However, I DID manage to find some funny quotes that I will save for the end, so as to "reward" you for sticking with my post that long.)
********************************Depression Vent**********************************************
I learned something very depressing yesterday...a student from my very first class (you know, the class that graduated this year), is expecting. A little girl. Gosh. At least I got married before he did. I suppose it could be worse. I could have been his kindergarten teacher. But being his 5th grade teacher is bad enough when you think about him beating me to parenthood. I was 22 when he was 10. Now he'll get to celebrate Father's Day before my sweet husband. Talk about unfair.
Wait a minute. I just remembered something....another former student of mine had a baby last year. She was an eighth grader. It makes me sad to think about. So I'll try not to.
*************************************SIL Vent**********************************************
She drives me CRAZY sometimes! I know I shouldn't pay any attention to some of the things she does, but she happens to be the mother of my precious nephew and niece, so I have a vested interested in her shenanigans. I don't think she knows how lucky she is to have such darling little ones. I know for a fact that she takes them for granted. Please don't think I'm being too harsh, but it really bothers me that she takes them to the baby-sitter's at least once a week (perhaps more on some weeks), and has all summer long. She doesn't work, and isn't taking summer classes. She just takes them so she can "have a break." From what? Being a mom? Next thing you know, they'll be griping about money troubles. Gee, I know how they could have saved some money... Sorry. I guess it's really none of my business.
Okay, I'm done being sad for today. Here are some funny quotes I ran across and thought I'd share them with you. I hope to have a house update with some pics tomorrow. Happy weekend, everyone!
* Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
* Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
* Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.
* If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
* Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
Hugs and baby dust,
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
(Hugs) It's not fair, but there's really nothing we can do about it, eh? Your sister in law sounds like a real gem. ;)
I tried to post on yesterday's post, but I couldn't type in the word verification.
Sorry for the frustration. I really hope your pregnancy is nearing quickly!
I think it is perfectly normal to feel frustrated - with both your student's news and your SIL. Hang in there, and thanks for sharing the quotes!
Post a Comment