Monday, July 19, 2010

Atypical Monday...

In typing that title, I couldn't help but notice how something as simple as spacing changes the entire meaning of the phrase.  For instance, had I hit that long, blank bar at the bottom of my keyboard after typing the letter "A," this post's title would read, "A typical Monday;" but because I did not, it reads, "Atypical Monday," indicating that this was, indeed, not a normal Monday.  Hm.  Yes, I am a dork.  Or a nerd.  Or whatever else you care to call it.  These are the things I notice.  Everywhere.  But at least I have fun.  (Case in point: on a recent trip to an amusement park, my brother and I commenced to reciting the instructions for our statewide assessment on a roller coaster ride when we realized ours was a car with a camera attached.  See?  I guess we're both dorks.)

But, I digress.  (Don't I always?)  Here's a rundown of my not-so-ordinary day.  Remember, I like to make lists, so I'll give you a list of the day's events. 

* Wake up early (like 5:30) to bang, bang, bang on the other side of the wall.  (Dang construction.)  It's okay.  J gets up at 6:00 anyway.
* 6:50 -- J leaves for work.  Watch a DVR'd episode of The Na.nny
* 7:10 -- decide my head is killing me; go back to bed.
* 7:12 -- can't get back to sleep (still bang, bang, bang in the new family room).
* 7:15 -- stay snuggled in bed anyway with J's pillow over my head to shield from the light; set alarm for 9:00.
*8:45 -- bang, bang, bang stops (figures); decide I'm not going to fall asleep for 15 minutes, so I get up.
*8:47 -- watch another episode of The Na.nnny (I love that show); eat breakfast and take meds
*9:10 -- check blogger dashboard for friends' updates (aww...I love you guys)
*9:20 -- look through sale papers from yesterday's paper to see what's on sale that I might need to pick up while I'm in town
*9:23 -- mad because I got jipped out of some very important ads (no K.Mart or St.aples in my paper this week...grr...)
*9:25 -- look up St.aples ad online
*9:30 -- check blogger dashboard again
*9:50 -- take a shower
*10:05 -- get back in shower after drying off because I realize I didn't shave my legs (grr)
*10:15 -- sort laundry, put load in washer and prepare to start when I get back home
*10:20 -- put ham in slow cooker for dinner
*10:30 -- dry hair, brush teeth, put on enough makeup so as not to scare anyone
*10:50 -- leave for BG
*11:20 -- pick up meds at the drugstore
*11:27 -- arrive at St.aples; buy 2 packs of mechanical pencils for my prize box and 2 pencil boxes for my beginning of the year drawing (total spent: $1.06)
*11:40 -- move on to Off.ice De.pot; rearrange the inventory for them searching for Wide Ruled notebook paper; buy 5 packs of said paper and 5 folders (total spent: $1.59)
*12:01 -- too early to go to the doctor, so I go to Ko.hl's to kill some time; no intentions of buying anything
*12:30 -- try on some athletic shoes; don't really need any, but thought I'd look while I had 20% off
*12:35 -- find some denim capris on sale; decide to try them on, despite the fact that they don't have my size--let's try a size smaller
*12:40 -- surprise!  They fit!
*12:45 -- measure them with another pair (they must have been sized wrong)
*12:50 -- nope, they were the same size as 3 other pairs; search for a cute top to go with them
*12:55 -- try on top with capris; wonder if the sticker will stay on the leg that says they are an 8?  (Isn't it sad that I'm so excited over wearing an 8?  That's the smallest size I've ever worn in my adult life.)
*1:00 -- check out (total spent: $21.18...not too bad!)
*1:20 -- stop by Kro.ger on the way to the doctor to get some pain reliever for this darned headache that won't leave; make a pit stop at the restroom (can't get weighed without emptying the ole bladder, ya know); also, get $10 worth of gas (enough to make it through the rest of the week...maybe it'll go down by the weekend) 
*1:34 -- park car at the doctor's office; check shoes for rocks (again, don't want anything to weigh me down)
*2:00 -- in exam room, waiting for doctor; weighed the same (bummer, but at least I didn't gain anything, considering I've been on a 6-day cruise and 6-night trip to the mountains since my last visit)
*2:30 -- leaving doctor's office; don't have to come back 'til November!  Stop by Son.ic for a kid's meal with apples and a large Spri.te Ze.ro on the way home
*3:05 -- home; we have windows!  (Don't be alarmed; we've always had windows--I just meant in the new part of the house.) 
*3:10 -- try on new capris again, just to make sure they still fit; they do
*3:15 -- check blogger dashboard again to catch up; watch a couple more episodes of The Na.nny.
*4:00 -- start dinner; break knife dicing potatoes (guess who needs a better knife?)

Okay, so I guess it really was A TYPICAL DAY, after all.  The only thing atypical about it is that I now have a pair of size 8 bluejean capris hanging in my closet.  I know you skinny-minnies out there are probably wondering what all the fuss is about, but if you've ever been a 16, you understand.  While I still weigh more than most people would guess, I'm excited that things are looking up.  Maybe one of these days, I'll get to buy maternity jeans...

Hope you've all had a fabulous Monday.

Hugs and baby dust,

1 comments:

Jenni said...

An 8! You go girl!