Monday, July 5, 2010

Merry Monday...

Well, it's Monday again.  Those things just have a way of creeping up on ya, don't they?  The good news is that J has the day off to celebrate Independence Day, and he even took a few more days off.  So, we are in the mountains!  Yay!  In keeping with my themes, I have a funny story to share about J and I.  Without further adieu, here is your merry Monday musing for this week.  It is being presented here exactly as I wrote it right after it happened.  Enjoy:

June 15, 2006
This has been the summer of the weddings in Edmonson County. I think nearly everyone I know is getting married this summer. I’ve been playing the piano at weddings left and right. I’m so sick of wedding music, I could just scream. (Incidentally, my mother has decided that I will cut a CD so I can play at my own wedding. Now that I’m out of their house, they think it’s time I got married, I guess…) But, I digress…last Saturday evening (6/10/06), I played for my cousin’s wedding. Jeremie and I had plans afterward, so I rushed home to change clothes. He arrived earlier than expected, so we just sat in the living room and talked for a bit before we left. As we were getting ready to leave, he excused himself and went to the restroom. When he returned, I asked if he was ready to leave. He said, “Just a minute. There’s something I need to do first.” Then, he got down on one knee in my living room. My mind raced and my heart pounded. Somehow, this was not exactly how I pictured it…I only hope he didn’t see me blush as he reached over to tie his shoe.

Ironically, exactly one year later (6/10/07), our wedding shower was held.  Coincidence? 
 
Hugs and baby dust,

0 comments: