Typically, I'm a simple girl. I don't wear a lot of makeup, and I'm usually not very high-maintenance; but here are some of my must-haves!
#5 Chewing gum
While I may not always be chewing it, I like to have it available in case I feel the need. I prefer mint, but will chew just about any flavor. Oh, and it has to be sugar free, of course!
#4 My favorite Hair Clip
On days that I take the time to straighten my hair, I usually leave it down; but when I go curly, I usually put it up at some point during the day. This is my absolute favorite hair clip, ever. It is flat on the side that goes "into" your head, making it super comfortable. I had a couple of them (I think I bought them at the Dol.lar Tree many, many years ago), but they both broke. I couldn't find them anymore, either. I was heartbroken (well, as heartbroken as one can get over a broken hair clip). Then, a few years later, I found them again. I somehow managed to lose one, but kept up with the other. Ultimately, as you might have guessed, it broke. (While I was trying to put it in my hair one day, I might add. Overuse, I suppose.) One day, I was cleaning out a box after I moved and I stumbled upon this one. I was so happy! (Doesn't take much, huh?) I've taken extra good care of it.
#3 Fabric softener
I LOVE soft, good-smelling clothes! A friend turned me on to Snug.gle Blue Spar.kle a couple of months ago, and I absolutely love it! I use it all the time. Sometimes, I even wait to make the bed until the sheets I just took off are cleaned just so I can have that "fresh-from-the-laundry" smell for a few days. I try to catch up on all of our laundry (at least during the summer) on Mondays. The first day I used this, our whole closet smelled like Snug.gle. It was great!
#2 Painted toenails
(Pardon my ugly feet. They get me where I'm going.) While I am fine with less-expensive nail polish, I do insist that my toes never be without it. Even in the winter, when nobody sees them but me, I make sure to keep polish on them.
#1 Lip Balm
When I first started wearing makeup, lipstick was my thing. I loved experimenting with colors, brands, and formulas. I would combine colors to achieve that "perfect" shade. Now, I rarely wear lipstick, but I still want my lips to be protected from the elements. That is why you will rarely find me without a tube of lip balm of some sort. My favorite is Blis.tex Silk and Shine, but I'm open to others as well.
Happy Friday, everyone! I hope your weekend is fabulous.
Hugs and baby dust,













0 comments:
Post a Comment