Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ICLW Failure

That would be me.  I have failed miserably during this month's ICLW.  I took a couple of months off for various reasons--then signed up for July because I thought it would be a nice way to end my summer break as I must return to school tomorrow.  Wednesday and Thursday I was able to meet my comment goal just fine, as well as post.  Friday, though, was a different story.  As soon as I made my blog post on Friday morning, I checked my email to find this note from J: "Mom is home sick.  Can you go over there and check on her?"  Sure thing!  No problem. (Honest--no sarcasm here.)  We emailed back and forth a couple of times so I could get some more information, then I quickly pushed aside my plans to spend the day working in my classroom to tend to my mother-in-law. 

When I arrived, she let me in and resumed her position in the recliner with the heating pad.  She was in A LOT of pain, and I offered to take her wherever she wanted to go (doctor, UrgentCare, ER, you name it).  She said she'd already called her doctor and he would be out of town until Tuesday.  I stood in the middle of her living room until she agreed to let me take her somewhere.  Good thing, too.  After a trip to the doctor's office, then the hospital for a CT scan, she was hospitalized for pancreatitis.  Not a fun illness.  At all.  So, I tell you this not to gain sympathy nor to complain, but rather to explain where I have been.  She is hoping to get to come home today, but we'll see.  I'm about to head that way myself to check on her. 

I cannot apologize enough for dropping the ball with my commenting for ICLW this month, but I have kept the list and plan to make it up to you all.  If you visited my blog, I truly appreciate your comments and/or thoughts.  While I won't meet my goal during the official ICLW week, I WILL return the love and hold up my end of the bargain.  Oh, on another note, I noticed that I've lost a "follower."  For whatever reason you left me, I hope you find the blog that is right for you.

Hugs and baby dust,

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

(hugs) I hope she recovers very quickly. She has a great daughter-in-law.

The Hopeful Elephant said...

I'm still here! :) I had a hard time keeping up this month too!