Friday, July 16, 2010

Fab 5 Friday...

...Comfort Food Edition!

AF has not been kind to me this week, and I wanted desperately to turn to some of my favorite treats for comfort. But, for the most part, I was able to resist. (Okay, I skipped 3 out of 5.) Here are some of my favorite comfort foods.

#5 -- Doritos


The original, Nacho Cheese flavor, nonetheless. Oh, how I miss your cheesy, crunchy, leave-your-fingers-orange goodness.

#4 -- Sweet Tea

I can't indulge in this very often for several reasons. First of all, there's the calories. Then, of course, there's the caffeine. Not only is it a no-no for TTC purposes, but it also counteracts my blood pressure medicine. I stay away from it whenever possible. That leaves out the tea at restaurants. At home, I can make the decaffeinated version. With Sple.nda. Yum.

#3 -- Marshmallows & Chocolate Chips

This is actually very good. I discovered it last year after celebrating "National S'mores Day" with my students. I had some leftover chocolate and marshmallows, and tried them one day in a moment of desperate hunger. It was so yummy! (And I indulged in some this week. *Hangs head in shame.*)

#2 -- Mashed Potatoes

I made these for dinner--with skim milk and light butter--on Tuesday night, and I could have eaten the whole bowl myself! I didn't even care if I had anything to go with them. But, I shared them with DH, since it was part of dinner.

#1 -- Bru.ster's Ice Cream


Current favorite flavor--chocolate peanut butter buckeye. Ooh, how I wish I had some right now. Or any other day, for that matter. It's is a butterfudge ice cream with miniature buckeyes mixed in. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Now that we're dieting, I try not to depend on food when Mother Nature throws curve balls, but it's still nice to have a treat now and then. How do you combat the wicked witch?

***************************************************************************
As for Tuesday's Two Truths and a Lie, here are the answers:

1. I am addicted to list-making. Truth. As a matter of fact, yesterday I made a list of all the lists I need to make for the beginning of school!

2. I can't seem to sleep in past 5:30. Lie... but not by much. Due to construction, I have had ZERO days to sleep in this summer. They've been here working super early (usually somewhere between 5:15 and 5:45) to beat the heat. But DH gets up at 6:00, and I rarely go back to sleep after that. Occasionally, I sneak in a quick snooze in the afternoon when all the workers are gone and before starting dinner.

3. I am a big fan of naps. Truth. I'd take one every day if I could!

Hugs and baby dust,

0 comments: