Friday, July 2, 2010

Fab Friday 5…DH edition

I’ve decided that since I’m getting back into my “blogging routine” with my daily themed entries (or at least attempting to), I’m going to have to change my Friday theme just slightly. It’s too hard to come up with “Fun Facts” for Friday and facts for Tuesdays, so I’ve taken a nod from some other blogs I read and decided to go with a Fab Friday 5 instead. So, here I will briefly share five things that I love. Sometimes, they may have a theme, and other weeks not. Since this entire week is devoted to my wonderful DH, I have decided to share my five favorite gifts from J. While my very favorite things are intangible like love and support, those are mushy and probably no one would want to read about those. I am NOT a “material” girl, and I am not easily impressed by “stuff.” But what girl doesn’t like a nice surprise every now and then? Here they are, in a pretty much random order (other than #1):

#5 – Kitch.enaid Mixer

J got me this for Christmas a couple of years ago. It was a complete surprise, even though I had mentioned wanting one. I was actually going to buy it myself while it was on sale and I had a good coupon at the store, but J convinced me that I didn’t need it. He later bought it and hid it in our house until Christmas morning. I think he just likes to be surprising.


#4 – Kin.dle 2

As with the mixer, I had expressed a slight desire to have this item prior to last Christmas, but J convinced me that I did not need it. I finally agreed, but a couple of weeks ago received an email from another distributor with a similar item that had seen an incredible price drop. In making conversation that evening, I mentioned said price drop. I wasn’t expecting anything to come of it, as were trying to save all of our pennies the days (what with our house project and potential IVF cycle and all). Last Friday, when a package arrived for J, I really didn’t think anything about it. He ordered stuff all the time without telling me—usually for the computer or television or something. (He’s very tech-savvy.) He got home, asked me what that package was, and then opened it. He looked at it and said, “This must be for you,” and handed it to me, saying, “Early happy anniversary!” He wanted me to have it early so I could get it all figured out before our trip to the mountains in case I wanted to take it with me. How sweet!

#3 – I-po.d Touch

This was last year’s anniversary gift, also given early. I use this every single day! I love being able to store pictures and play games on it, as well as listen to music at school during my planning time. Recently, though, we had to do some updating to our computer that it syncs with, and my music and photos got deleted.  I’ll have to get that fixed before school starts!



#2 – My laptop

J has been telling me for quite some time that my desktop pc is about to die (it still hasn’t) and that I should replace it. I maintained that it was still perfectly usable, and I was okay with it being slow sometimes. Besides, I hoped that room would have a bigger and better purpose one of these days (i.e., a nursery) and I didn’t want to have so many gadgets to move out of there. So, last Christmas, he surprised me with a new laptop. I use this every day too! Not only can I work on things for school, but I can also check my email and, of course, blog!

#1 – My engagement ring

I love this ring for two main reasons. One, for what it means. J gave it to me, promising with it to love me forever. While this picture shows it alone, and I loved it that way, I must say it looks even better with my wedding ring wrapped around it. (I tried to get a picture this morning, but I couldn’t get a clear one.) The second reason it is so special is because J picked it out all by himself. Sure, he took his mom shopping with him for “approval,” but I’m a pretty traditional gal, and was glad he didn’t ask me to pick out my own. (Not that I think there’s anything wrong with any other girl choosing her own ring, but it just wasn’t for me.)

Hugs and baby dust,

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Your ring is gorgeous! I'm jealous of the mixer. I don't ever bake but I've still always wanted one. Maybe if I had one I'd bake more!