Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Proposal...

Since tomorrow marks our 3rd wedding anniversary and I've been sharing little milestones of our dating relationship this past week, I thought I'd offer one more: the proposal.  I guess, in retrospect, most people wouldn't find parts of it very romantic.  But it was perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.  Here's our story:

As I write this it is 1:25 a.m. December 31, 2006. Jeremie just left my house. Again, he got down on one knee; but this time he wasn’t tying his shoe (see Monday's post if you're confused). He was asking me to be his wife. Here’s the scoop…

It was a rather busy night. I was s little jealous because I was hoping we’d have some alone time. With Christmas and all, we’ve been running around like crazy. We spent much of the evening at my mom and dad’s house helping them with some computer problems and hooking up my dad’s satellite radio. Then, we had to make a trip to his brother’s house to help them with something. We ended up stopping at my parents’ house again on the way back through to fix something else. Anyway, it was nearly midnight when we got back to my house. I didn’t expect him to come in, as he usually doesn’t when it’s that late; but when we pulled up in my driveway, he took off his seatbelt and turned off the ignition. (I should have known something was up.)

He immediately excused himself to the restroom, and so I thought maybe that was why he came in. Then, he made some excuse to go back to the car. I still didn’t think anything of it. When he came back in, he said he couldn’t find what he was looking for. We sat on the couch and talked for a little while. He then noticed the time on the VCR and said, “Look…it’s New Year’s Eve.” Then he starts all this talk about what a good year it’s been and that he expects 2007 to be even better. He looked at my television set and said he envisioned a big-screen TV in its place.  I asked him if he thought I was going to win the lottery (I'm so dumb).  He said that he thought the new year should represent a new beginning for us. Then, before I knew what he was doing, he was on one knee in front of me with an open ring box, asking if I’d be his wife. I finally managed to choke out a “Yes!!!” through all the shock. Then he said my mom was probably waiting for my phonecall.

Happy Tuesday, all!
 
Hugs and baby dust,

1 comments:

Kitty said...

Aw!!! I think that's REALLY romantic and sweet!!! I got a little emotional! :) I love surprise engagements, mine was QUITE the opposite. LOL