Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February!

Poor February.  I think it got the short end of the stick.  I mean, think about it.  People look to January for a fresh start at things with the new year.  They look forward to March because it brings the hope of warmer weather with the arrival of spring.  But February?  It's safely tucked in between, right smack-dab in the middle of WINTER.  Oh, and not to mention that "r" in the middle of the word that people always stumble over.  Do you enunciate it or not?  Sure, there are some special days scattered throughout--Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day (yeah, I didn't celebrate that one for many, many years), and Presidents' Day come to mind.  It's also the month we have set aside to acknowledge the American Heart Association's push to be heart-healthy (National Heart Month) and we observe Black History Month.  But, did you know there are other official (or, in some cases "Un-official") observances for li'l old February?  Here's a list I came across this afternoon, well, really by accident.  Perhaps you'll learn something new, too!

•National Cherry Month 

•National Embroidery Month

•National Grapefruit Month

•National Snack Food Month

•National Wild Bird Feeding Month

•Responsible Pet Owners' Month

•Children's Dental Health Month

•International Friendship Month


With much of the country expecting (or digging out from) storms of all sorts this week, I hope you are all safe and warm!

Hugs and love,

0 comments: