Saturday, February 26, 2011

2nd Date

Earlier in the week, J announced that he wanted to go to the movies on Saturday (today) and see The King's Spe.ech.  I blinked at him a couple of times to process what he'd just said before stammering out, "Okay."  Usually he doesn't go for movies set in another time. I didn't think he'd enjoy it.  That's why I hadn't suggested it when he said I could pick what we saw when we went out for Valentine's Day.  But I questioned him about it and he said that he'd heard it was good and he wanted to see it. 

We had a wedding to go to first, though.  A former student of mine.  Gosh that makes me feel old.  At least I managed to get married before any of my students, even if I didn't beat them all to parenthood.  Then, we headed to town for our second date this month.  Woohoo!  We're on a roll.  But it won't last.  Not that my husband isn't romantic or generous, but we're gearing up for our FET and we're tightening the purse strings.  It did help that we saved $70 at the grocery store after the movie between the plus card savings and coupons, and we snagged some pretty good deals at Tar.get beforehand via coupons and in-store specials.  I just love saving money.  I get this awesome adrenaline rush when I go couponing.  Does that make me a dork?  (Incidentally, if it does, I've been a dork from way back.  From the time I was old enough to walk around in the grocery store alone, my mom has sent me to find things.  It was like a game.  "Here, go see if you can find this item," she'd say, indicating the product on the coupon she handed me.) 

Ah, well.  AF didn't play any nicer today.  Tomorrow is CD 4, which is historically the worst day of the cycle for me.  Not sure why, but it's been like that for years.  At least it hit on a weekend so I don't have to deal with 23 fifth graders and an unwelcome wench at the same time.

Hope your Sunday is fabulous!

Hugs and love,

0 comments: