Thursday, February 24, 2011

Already?

So, AF showed up today--earlier than expected.  I figured she'd show up sometime this weekend...maybe even Monday.  But she surprised me today.  It wasn't exactly unannounced, though.  I was a little crampy on Tuesday, but nothing much yesterday.  Then, last night before bed, there was a bit of spotting.  Nothing major.  And it's not like I've not had cycles in the past where I'd spot for 3 days before the real thing hit.  This morning, the spotting seemed to have picked up at first, but then there was not much a little later.  So, I only wore a thin pad to school (but took the "heavy duty" supplies, just in case).  It's a good thing I went armed and ready because I needed it by 8:30. 

Right when my planning time started, I called nurse Kelli at NFC to report CD 1.  Of course, I had to leave a message, but that was okay with me.  I then commenced to crying for the next 30 minutes.  I'm not sure why.  I barely got a thing done the whole time my kids were at gym class.  I've been waiting for this cycle for nearly three months now.  The one where we get to try again.  But what if it doesn't work?  Then what? 

So here's the plan--J and I have decided to do a natural FET cycle.  I have to go for an u/s and bloodwork next Friday (CD 9--I should have had it done on CD 10 or 11, but of course my body couldn't cooperate since that would be a weekend).  I'm not sure what happens after that.  I got some paperwork, but the first couple of things it mentioned would happen didn't (not sure why), so I don't want to get ahead of myself.  All I know is, I've been given a second chance.  I just hope it works.  I'm not sure I can afford a third!

In other news, it's rained so much here...if we see a dude sailing by on an ark, we may just hop on!

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Emby said...

I am sure this is an emotional time for you. *hugs* I hope all goes well!