...that the roof doesn't leak! I was NOT looking forward to today because the weatherman was predicting strong storms--maybe even tornadoes. While I am not afraid of storms in the least, I was not looking forward to a day of calming young fears. I have one student in particular who is terrified of storms. We had a tornado warning several months back and spent the greater part of 2 hours in the hallway waiting for the storm to pass. He was nearly inconsolable. I spent a good deal of that time trying to reassure him that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to him, and I held him as he rocked and cried. Finally, he calmed down and I was able to let go. I was afraid some of my knuckleheads would make fun of him, but surprisingly they didn't.
Anyway, there was a brief tornado warning this morning at around 4:30 or 5:00, but the brunt of the storm passed us over. It continued to rain throughout most of the day--quite heavily at times. Our rain gauge here says we got over 2 inches today.
On a side note, I feel rather strange today. I noticed it at about 1:15 this afternoon. My head feels weird. It doesn't hurt, and I'm not exactly dizzy. But I just don't feel normal. (If you knew me, you'd likely argue that I'm not "normal.") I don't know what else to say about it, and I'm not looking for sympathy. Just wanted to document it in case I need this info later.
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Hugs and love,
1 comments:
AWw, that poor kid!! Glad no one made fun of him at least.
Is your blood pressure up or down? I always feel that in my head.
Post a Comment