In other news, J and I are considering getting a puppy. A miniature schnauzer, to be exact. J works with a couple who have one and they recommended it as a good dog for children (aw, the eternal optimist). Plus, they don't shed, which is possibly my favorite thing. We went by to look at them on Sunday afternoon, but we're scheduled to go out of town next weekend and didn't want to bring it home and then have to leave it someplace so soon. But, the breeder agreed to let us pick it up next Sunday when we return.
This is a big deal for me. I'm not really a dog person. Please don't read this wrong--it's not that I'm anti-dog or anything, it's just that until MIL moved in with us, I had never lived in a house with a dog before. My aunt always had a dog (first a Beagle mix followed by 2 different-yet-look-alike cocker spaniels), so I've been around dogs my whole life; but I've never lived with one in my house. So I went from nothing to a 12-year old bassett hound (who can't seem to let me out of his sight, I might add). We have our differences. He likes to lay on the new red area rug and I would rather he didn't. He whines and barks from 5:00 on and I'd rather sleep than hear it. But J thinks he's lonely. He's never been an "only dog" before.
So now the big question is what to name the new puppy. We've thrown some names out there: Jax, Simba, Shakespeare just to name a few that we can agree on. J insists that he have a middle name, and I insisted that he not have a typical "people" name (no offense to those of you with pets with people names...it's just not for me). We don't want a common dog name like Fido or Spot or anything (again, no offense if you have a dog named Spot). Geesh! If we're having this much trouble naming a dog, I can't imagine the difficulty we'll have in naming our children! (Disclaimer: actually, that's already been discussed and possibly decided on.) I didn't have my camera with me, but the puppies look something like this:
If anybody has any suggestions, feel free to share them. I'll post some pics as soon as we're all settled.
Hugs and baby dust,










3 comments:
What a cute puppy! Juke is a cool name.
Woo hoo for your stims! You're getting there. ;)
That picture is very cute. A dog could be a good distraction at this point as long as you're willing to stay interested but by the sounds of this post that won't be a problem!
The puppy is soooo cute! If you haven't already, you could google dog names . . .
Post a Comment